To help tourism businesses prepare for international markets, the CanExport SME program is now accepting new applications for programs starting after April 1, 2022. The program focuses on export marketing activities of existing products and services in foreign markets. The CanExport SME funding program is now available to tourism businesses who cater to international visitors, and may partially cover a variety of marketing, advertising and other related expenses. Small and medium sized companies may access up to $50,000 in funding to assist with international market development activities (up to 50% of costs for export marketing of products and services in international markets with little or no current sales). Activities funded by the program include:
• Visits to foreign markets
• In-person participation at trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
• Attending virtual trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
• Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials
• Search Engine Optimization
• Gathering market intelligence (custom research, reports and studies)
• The program now supports costs tied to online advertising on social media platforms, online marketplaces and search engines.
• Expert advice for digital and e-commerce marketing is now eligible.
Read more about the eligibility criteria, eligible expenses, and application process here.
Subscribe to our newsletter